[mythtv-users] Bitrate issue with ISO playback?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Wed May 12 13:26:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Rick Nickle <ricknickle at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The front end I have hooked up to the TV (which is standard definition), is
> running on an Intel D945GCLF2 Atom-330 based board with an Intel GMA 950
> video chipset.  Is it feasible this thing isn’t able to cut it?  I’ve
> seriously considered getting an ION2 a few times but haven’t gotten around
> to it.

Have you checked CPU use while trying to decode the video on this machine?
It's quite possible that an Atom machine can't play back some content
without GPU assist. I would think MPEG2 DVD level bitrates would probably be
OK, but you can't know unless you check while it's running. If the CPU is
OK, how about the disk/network I/O?