[mythtv-users] Deleting recording in progress doesn't stop recording

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat May 8 10:32:34 UTC 2010

John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> The argument for allowing the program to continue recording, is so
> it will be complete, if you decide to undelete it.
>
> An easy way to stop the recording is to select it from the TODO
> (Upcoming recordings) screen.  A menu will pop up with a STOP
> option.

Yes but, if I have deleted a recording, presumably I am not interested
in seeing the rest of it. Shouldn't the default action be (as it was
pre-0.23) that the recording process stops and the tuner it was using
is freed? If I want, for some reason, the behavior that 0.23 has
introduced, I can always manually move the recording in progress into
the Deleted group.

When I saw the new behavior in 0.23, I first thought that surely
functionality had also been added so that the scheduler would--if it
needed a tuner and a deleted recording was using it--automatically
grab it, but that is not the case.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array