[mythtv-users] OT: Advice on choosing a TV

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed May 5 14:11:07 UTC 2010

Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Interesting. TX-P50G20B might be what I'm looking for.

Certainly not a shabby model! The "G" range" is one step up from the
"S" that we got, and the "20" is the newer model than our "10", so
you get HD versions of both Freeview and Freesat. Ours only does SD
Freeview, and no Freesat at all, but that suits us just fine
(waiting for Freeview HD to come on a PC card/USB dongle).

We took a similar step to you, upgrading our 10 year old 37" Toshiba
Dolby Digital CRT just before Christmas. We both agree it was money
well spent, and the room looks so much less cluttered now that the
huge box in the corner has gone!
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts