[mythtv-users] OT: Advice on choosing a TV

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed May 5 14:50:56 UTC 2010

Mike Holden wrote:
> Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Interesting. TX-P50G20B might be what I'm looking for.
>>

> Certainly not a shabby model! The "G" range" is one step up from the
> "S" that we got, and the "20" is the newer model than our "10", so
> you get HD versions of both Freeview and Freesat. Ours only does SD
> Freeview, and no Freesat at all, but that suits us just fine
> (waiting for Freeview HD to come on a PC card/USB dongle).

Not sure I care too much about Freeview HD and Freesat either. I too
am hoping for DVB-T2 cards (and linux drivers too :-S ). Although
it would be handy for a MythTv/Internal decode comparison. Besides
those features, I'm not sure how much advantage there is to the 20
over the 10.

> We took a similar step to you, upgrading our 10 year old 37" Toshiba
> Dolby Digital CRT just before Christmas. We both agree it was money
> well spent, and the room looks so much less cluttered now that the
> huge box in the corner has gone!

Hey. That has to be close to the same TV. Mine is the Toshiba 36ZP38P.

Paul.