[mythtv-users] mythbuntu upgrade

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 00:43:50 UTC 2010

My back end is on 8.04LTS with myth-0.21-fixes. One reason for not
going to 0.22 was the lack of desire/guts/patience to update
8.04->8.10->9.04->9.10.

Now that 10.04 LTS is almost upon us, along with 0.23 (hopefully by
then) a new thought occurs. I understand that for ubuntu a direct
8.04LTS->10.04LTS is supported. This would make sense for the type of
market the LTS releases are marketed to.

Also I imagine myth 0.21-fixes should successfully upgrade to mythtv-0.23.

Does anyone have any experience of either the direct LTS->LTS upgrade
or the 0.21->0.23 upgrade that they feel they should share with me
before I decide to go with this strategy in the next month?