[mythtv-users] Error in italian translation

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sat Mar 13 08:56:14 UTC 2010

2010/3/12 federico.ferri at yahoo.it <federico.ferri at yahoo.it>:
> The label "This showing is being recorded." is to indicate a program not
> recorded yet, but it will be,  not in the "current" selection, but with
> another schedule.
>
> The italian translate mean that the program is recording just now....who
> doesn't know this (and my wife usually forgets) make you to go and check if
> it's recording...
>
> A better translation should be:
> "Questo programma è già programmato per essere registrato"

If you're sure about it and/or can get someone to confirm this, you
can fix it yourself by following the step-by-step guide at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation

Translations are still accepted for MythTV 0.23, but AFAIK it's only a
matter of days before the developers will stop accepting translations
for 0.23, meaning that you'll most likely have to live with the bad
translation until 0.24 gets out, if it isn't fixed with a patch now
(unless, of course, if you change and generate the language files
yourself instead of using the ones supplied with MythTV).

However, looking at the italian translation file for mythfrontend,
only 961 out of 3966 strings are translated at the moment. Since the
MythTV developer essentially will have to do the same work, whether
you send a patch with 1 change or 50 changes, perhaps you should
consider to translate a bit of the "most commonly used" untranslated
strings as well, in order to improve the chance of patch inclusion in
MythTV 0.23.

I'm not a developer, I'm just a translator...but feel free to ask (on
list or off list) if you have any questions regarding translation of
MythTV.

Best Regards
Kenni
http://www.mythtv.dk - Danish MythTV community and home of the Danish