[mythtv-users] ComCast Champaign finally transmitting scte56 codes

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Mar 11 22:51:19 UTC 2010

On 3/11/2010 1:15 PM, jon wrote:
> The letter I got specifically says ""The transition to digital clarity
> will require you to have a digital set-top box or digital adapter on all
> TVs connected to the cable in order to continue receiving your Extended
> Basic line-up. Comcast will provide you with one digital set-top box and
> up to two digital adapters at no additional cost. ... Ths is no a
> promotion but will be included as part of your service package."
>
> What they don't say is if the "service package" is going to cost more or
> not. My plan is to either ride this out or switch to dish as I can get a
> pretty cheap plan from them with HD and survive with only 2 STB if I
> have to. Having 2 OTA tuners covers most of my concurrent shows.
> Thankfully Discover, Sci Fi and such repeat their shows enough I could
> live with only 1 STB as part of my myth system.

You're right, they charge for HD content other than the must-carry OTA
channels.

My point was that your analog encoders (assuming that's what you have)
will still be usable with the DTAs. The DTA's only put out a single RF
signal over a coaxial connector. the link was my solution for plugging
two of them into a single Hauppauge PVR-500.