[mythtv-users] ComCast Champaign finally transmitting scte56 codes

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 05:16:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Justin Johnson
<justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> I looked this up the other week, but I forgot what I found. I'll look
> it up when I have some time.
> --Justin Johnson

OK, this is what my STB shows:

CURRENT CHANNEL STATUS
TYPE     DIGITAL     ENC     12
STATUS                  AUTH
CONNECTED
PREVIEW               NO
                              CURR     NEXT
PURCHASABLE      NO         -
PURCHASED          YES       -
EPOCH NUM          134         9
EPOCH TYPE         0x80       0x00
AUTH                     0x12        0x00
SERVICE 0 STATUS 0 ID 0x3435 0x00
CH 555           TUNED FREQ      465.000

I believe this corresponds to scte65scan's VCT_ID 3012 (0x0bc4),
version 15 with a whole lot of channels defined for that VCT_ID.
I've also posted this to the wiki. I'm in 61820, in campustown if it
makes a difference. The channels that are listed for 3012 are mostly
channels that I've never seen in a channel scan before. Are they
suddenly being transmitted in clearQAM? This seems unlikely.

On an unrelated note, I'm very impressed at whoever discovered this
little workaround. And I'm very happy that it will be easier for me to
manage my channels on Comcast.