[mythtv-users] Best method to change from OTA to Unencrypted Cable Channels

robert Larson dewmanstl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 19:00:30 UTC 2010

> See the links below--the ones just after the part you re-quoted here?
> OK, now click on them.  Now read the info there.  :)
>
>> some of the channels are in analog and some are in digital. (Assuming
>> you meant, is the HD channels and non-hd channels?) I do know that my
>> tv will not produce the HD channels in HD when the coax is plugged
>> into cable, but it does get the channels that are in HD when the coax
>> is plugged into antenna. (Does this make sense?)
>>
>> Jerry asked me how did I know the channels are unencrypted and I
>> assumed that if I didn't have a cable box the 80 or so channels would
>> be unencrypted.
>>
>> Thanks!

Thanks I read that prior to posting here. I didn't want to drone on
about how I deleted all the channels and re-added.

The intresting part is that I adjusted the channel timeout and I also
scanned all the qam's and it picked up all the channels that I should
be getting. One thing I am a little confused about is that there was
some channels that it said were duplicates and I had to manually add
the channel number. What does the retrive lineups actually do? Does it
produce a file somewhere, its not a very intuitive button because it
just sits there and you can move through the menu until its done (at
least on the latest version of trunk that I pulled down last night.

Once I pulled down all the listing data, I went to mythweb and found
that the locals dont have any information in them. Should these
channels have the Use-On-Air-Guide flag checked?

Sorry about the last post as I didn't fix the subject line.
--
insert witty comment here