[mythtv-users] mythstream workarounds?

Eric ericgies at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Mar 9 18:42:00 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 17:59:40 James Miller wrote:

> Furthermore, I took a look at the mythstream site and it appears the
> project may be going moribund: the latest release is dated last September.

Been busy, sorry.

> That doesn't inspire confidence that it will be worthwhile to go to the
> trouble of compiling it for my system. So I'm looking into what might be
> some possible workarounds for getting at least a semblance of the
> functionality mythstream offered.
>
> There are really two things for which I used mythstream: 1) listening to
> the occasional shoutcast stream; and 2) watching news in Russian (Vesti).
> The latter is actually the more urgent priority at the moment since my
> father-in-law (from Russia) will visit us soon and likes to watch the news
> daily.

There are some alternatives, especially if you only want to play a few specific streams.
But if you are still willing to try mythstream just compile it for your system and I will
help you when you run into problems.

The resulting code can be put into a new release convincing people the project isn't going
moribound :)