[mythtv-users] Best method to change from OTA to Unencrypted Cable Channels

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 01:30:54 UTC 2010

> Thanks I read that prior to posting here. I didn't want to
> drone on
> about how I deleted all the channels and re-added.
>
> The intresting part is that I adjusted the channel timeout
> and I also
> scanned all the qam's and it picked up all the channels
> that I should
> be getting. One thing I am a little confused about is that
> there was
> some channels that it said were duplicates and I had to
> manually add
> the channel number. ...

My cable provider (Time Warner) transmits several channels on more than one frequency. WGN is one example. Just gotta pick one and use it.
Also, many of the channels are transmitted in HD and std, def. Same lineup, different freq's.
When I scan with my A180 I get CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. in HD and std.
Channel numbers like 4 (NBC std) and 404 (NBC HD)
Both will record, and both will play on my pos Panasonic analog tube.