[mythtv-users] Edit or create transponder screen not visible/working

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Jun 22 10:59:54 UTC 2010

On 22 Jun 2010, at 09:30, Terjesen Jens Peder wrote:

> Andre wrote:
>> Jens wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Yes I have seen this too on OpenSuse 11.2 and 0.23 packages from Packman.
>
> So it's not just me, that's good news.
>
> Was it on a DVBS2 capable connected source or something else?
>

>> In the screen for scanning a single existing transponder there is a checkbox for including new transponders. Have you tried to use that?
>> I think that should be a possible workaround.
>
> I've used that but that triggers a complete (2hr) scan again and at 28E there are a couple of bad transponders in the tables 99999999Khz is not a sensible frequency for a transponder, this slows things down a little too.
>
> I solved the problem (for today) with a tuned scan starting at the new transponder frequency but would like to know if I have a subtle database corruption or if it's a bug.
>
> Andre
>
> Andre
>

>> Jens
>
> Yes it is on DVB-S2 cards which is the only type I have.

I'm seeing the same here on my slave backend which is a Satix S2 dual tuner, so it's not card specific.

I've tried deleting and re-creating capture cards, I tried adding another source and putting the cards on that, all gives the same result. I think it used to work, although I'm beginning to wonder if my memory is good or not! I'm sure if it was a known not finished yet feature someone would have said so by now......

> I have not seen any transponders with incorrect frequency, but then I don't use 28E so that may be the reason.

I've not seen the problem at 19E, 13E or 1W, there are many things about the tables at 28E that seem sloppy, duplicated channel ids for a start.

Andre