[mythtv-users] EDID problem

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jan 23 15:21:15 UTC 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010 08:13:10 am MarcT wrote:

> > Ony of my previous MythFrontends had a ATI integrated chip which _only_
> >  would activate a digital video output if something was connected there
> >  (and active) at power up. If the connection was broken, no software
> > trick I tried would get it to reactivate the video signal. VGA and SVideo
> > dig not suffer from this behavior tho. After about 4 months I gave up and
> > got another MoBo.

I wonder if this might be some sort of "security". Perhaps it is checking the
"protected path" and sees an interruption of the video connection as possible
tampering? To prevent someone using an HDCP -capable monitor to get the
video working, then switching to some sort of capture device?

Just a thought.