[mythtv-users] EDID problem

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 15:13:10 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Claude Gélinas
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:20 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] EDID problem

Le samedi 23 janvier 2010 05:15:16, Jan Johansson a écrit :
> >How can I keep signal on when I turn off the TV. Each time I shut down
the
> > tv when I open it again mythtv is gone. no signal, just a blank screen.
>
> In a worst case scenario: You can't.
>
> Ony of my previous MythFrontends had a ATI integrated chip which _only_
>  would activate a digital video output if something was connected there
>  (and active) at power up. If the connection was broken, no software trick
>  I tried would get it to reactivate the video signal. VGA and SVideo dig
>  not suffer from this behavior tho. After about 4 months I gave up and got
>  another MoBo.
>
> I am NOT saying that is the case for you, but really, you should not have
>  to "do" anything, it should just work.

Is it controled by the video card or the mobo ?
--
Claude Gélinas agr.
Phyto Ressources inc.

How long of a time period are we talking about?
Shut off TV 1 sec later turn back on or shut off, wait 30 mins turn back on?

Have you tried adding the below to your startup script?
/usr/bin/xset -dpms
/usr/bin/xset s off

MarcT