[mythtv-users] Upgrade Old system

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:26:35 UTC 2010

2010/1/18 Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org>:
> My plan is to migrate the data and the cards to a new box with a dual core
> 64 bit CPU and Centos. With any luck I can put in a DVB-S card and get UK
> HD. FC moves too fast for this near production system, and I don't want to
> re-install the box every few months.

Ken

Why not use FC12 and do your installation from the RPMFUSION repos?

Given that FC12 will be supported for 24 months you wouldn't need to
do anything till then, also the installs from the RPMFUSION repos make
life a LOT easier, you can do a build now (including the myth setups)
in about 2 hours.

Regards