[mythtv-users] HDPVR blaster setup final steps

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 18:56:06 UTC 2010

>You're making it way harder than it really is. :)

Well I thought that stuff didn't apply, but just checking.  Don't want to do
something wrong and b thrown into a week-long odyssey to undo the damage :-)

>Just set the module to load on startup using the lirc.modules trick,

>grab the channel-change script from Mark's Braindump, modify it for

>your specific codeset, configure MythTV to use it for changing

>channels for your hdpvr recording devce. Done (since you've already

>got the lircd.conf in place).

Gotcha.  Will do.  Didn't catch the lirc.modules thing in the previous post.

>Now, you *do* know that there have been reports of varying degrees of

>instability using the IR part in the HD PVR, right? It has a nasty

>habit of leading to the HD PVR itself deadlocking (doesn't take out

>the computer its attached to, but the HD PVR is useless until its

>fully reset).

Yes I saw something about that, but I thought it was limited to the IR
receiver portion.  What is the alternative, a 3rd party blaster?  Also if
the HDPVR locks up, how do I "fully reset" it?  Just cycle the power?