[mythtv-users] OT: YAAAR question (stepmania?)

Anthony Zawacki azmail at thezawackis.com
Mon Feb 15 22:00:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Yet Another Acer Aspire Revo question:

We have three mythfrontend machines connected to two HD and one SD TV...
  Currently, all recordings are made with PVR-150 in SD, and the
frontends connected to HDTVs scale.  As I contemplate the upgrade to HD,
I expect to have to replace one of the frontends completely, perhaps
two.  One of those frontends is also used extensively for playing
stepmania.  While I'm certain that the ION can handle the rather
light-weight requirements to play the game, my concern is can the Atom
handle playback of the songs without issues?

I'm not certain I will be able to connect the Revo to the SD TV, but one
of the HDTVs accepts VGA input, and so the Revo should be able to be
connected there.

So to summarize, two questions:

1)  Can the atom handle the processing requirements to play stepmania?
2)  Am I correct that a Revo cannot be connected to an SD TV that only
has component (DVD), s-video, and composite inputs?

Thanks,
Anthony