[mythtv-users] OT: YAAAR question (stepmania?)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:21:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Anthony Zawacki
<azmail at thezawackis.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yet Another Acer Aspire Revo question:
>
> We have three mythfrontend machines connected to two HD and one SD TV...
>  Currently, all recordings are made with PVR-150 in SD, and the frontends
> connected to HDTVs scale.  As I contemplate the upgrade to HD, I expect to
> have to replace one of the frontends completely, perhaps two.  One of those
> frontends is also used extensively for playing stepmania.  While I'm certain
> that the ION can handle the rather light-weight requirements to play the
> game, my concern is can the Atom handle playback of the songs without
> issues?
>
> I'm not certain I will be able to connect the Revo to the SD TV, but one of
> the HDTVs accepts VGA input, and so the Revo should be able to be connected
> there.
>
> So to summarize, two questions:
>
> 1)  Can the atom handle the processing requirements to play stepmania?

don't know what stepmania is, but if its just playing music there
should be no problem.

> 2)  Am I correct that a Revo cannot be connected to an SD TV that only has
> component (DVD), s-video, and composite inputs?

correct, unless you obtain an adaptor. They tend to be expensive
and/or bad quality and/or hit and miss as to whether they really work.
The revo has vga and hdmi out.