[mythtv-users] Using On Air Guide and Schedules Direct on the same lineup.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 1 18:25:06 UTC 2010

On 01/31/2010 04:30 PM, Clay wrote:
> Still sorting out tuner inconsistency with my A180 and ATSC115.
> Same box. Same lineup. Same cable, split just before entering the cards. I've switched them to rule out one or the other being bad.
> Both cards /should/ use the same frequencies and multiplex yet one card can tune channels the other can't. It changes with time of the month, phases of the moon, etc. This week, the A180 is only getting a few channels while the ATSC115 is getting all the channels in the source.
> Been looking for anything that would cause one tuner to get all the channels and the other only some.
> Poking around Channel Recording Priorities, I see that some of the channels have "Use on air guide" checked along with (presumably) getting channel info from Schedules Direct.
> Could this hose things so the tuners get channels one day but not the next?

It will completely break the scheduler if you've enabled EIT on the
video source, too.  If EIT is not enabled on the video source, you don't
have to unmark the "Use on air guide" on the channel (as the channel is
associated with the video source, so if the video source isn't using it,
neither is the channel).

> Any other ideas?

Time for a channel re-scan.

Mike