[mythtv-users] Using On Air Guide and Schedules Direct on the same lineup.

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 18:45:59 UTC 2010

> From: Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Using On Air Guide and Schedules Direct on the same lineup.
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 10:25 AM
> On 01/31/2010 04:30 PM, Clay wrote:
> > Still sorting out tuner inconsistency with my A180 and
> ATSC115.
> > Same box. Same lineup. Same cable, split just before
> entering the cards. I've switched them to rule out one or
> the other being bad.
> > Both cards /should/ use the same frequencies and
> multiplex yet one card can tune channels the other can't. It
> changes with time of the month, phases of the moon, etc.
> This week, the A180 is only getting a few channels while the
> ATSC115 is getting all the channels in the source.
> > Been looking for anything that would cause one tuner
> to get all the channels and the other only some.
> > Poking around Channel Recording Priorities, I see that
> some of the channels have "Use on air guide" checked along
> with (presumably) getting channel info from Schedules
> Direct.
> > Could this hose things so the tuners get channels one
> day but not the next?
> >

> It will completely break the scheduler if you've enabled
> EIT on the
> video source, too.  If EIT is not enabled on the video
> source, you don't
> have to unmark the "Use on air guide" on the channel (as
> the channel is
> associated with the video source, so if the video source
> isn't using it,
> neither is the channel).

EIT was not enabled for the source.
Thanks for helping me understand this.

> > Any other ideas?
> >

> Time for a channel re-scan.

Done that.
Used to be, I ran a source for each card since one received channels the other didn't.
iirc, I was using v4l getting analog and digital on one of the cards... but not the other.

For sure I was finding a lot more channels on the (TW) cable back then.
May be time to go back to v4l and separate lineups.