[mythtv-users] IR Blaster issue - Hauppauge HD-PVR

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 06:46:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Tom Runner <tomj.runner at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ubuntu's
>> Now
>> >
>> > I did so, mainly because my Hauppauge is a 4903 which is not included
>> yet in the drivers. I took the files from tvlinux.org(v4l). But it was
>> probably not the lastest (not the one from the GIT, but from HG). Which
>> source file should I check ?
>>
>> > Well, I'd use the git one, but you still need an additional patch on top
>> > of that to enable the IR part. Seems many people have been using IR on
>> > these successfully, so perhaps we can persuade Janne that its okay to go
>> > ahead with that patch getting added upstream...
>>
>> > In any case, I think this works w/the latest git hdpvr code:
>>
>> > http://wilsonet.com/jarod/lirc_misc/hdpvr-ir/hdpvr-ir-enable.patch<http://wilsonet.com/jarod/lirc_misc/hdpvr-ir/hdpvr-ir-enable.patch>
>>
>> > Ok not the same that what I previously compiled.
> > I got some error at the make, coming from the hdpvr-video.c file. Mostly
> "implicit declaration of > > function xxx".
> > I'll look into it and let you know the result once compiled, which will
> take a little time :))
>
> > Anyway now I face some VDPAU error on the viewing.... Working like a
> charm for 2 weeks, just > playing on lirc. Life is tough sometimes with
> Ubuntu.
> > :))

    Got it compiled making the following changes to hdpvr/hdpvr-video.c:

   - change usb_buffer_alloc() to usb_alloc_coherent()
   - change usb_buffer_free() to usb_free_coherent()
   - change !video_is_unregistered() to video_is_registered()

Now I've a dev/lirc0
Still cannot see the IR blinking but I guess it's now in the lircd.conf or
hardware.conf. To be updated after the "family time"