[mythtv-users] IR Blaster issue - Hauppauge HD-PVR

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 03:10:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Dec 25, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Tom Runner wrote:

> > > dmesg |grep lirc
> > > [   13.295756] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
> > > [   13.309819] lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR driver initializing
> > > [   13.316192] lirc_zilog: initialization complete
> >
> > > lirc_zilog loaded, but it didn't bind to anything. I don't think
> Ubuntu's
> > > hdpvr driver includes the patch to enable the IR part on the hdpvr. Now
> > > *that* you probably actually need to rebuild.
> >
> > I did so, mainly because my Hauppauge is a 4903 which is not included yet
> in the drivers. I took the files from tvlinux.org(v4l). But it was
> probably not the lastest (not the one from the GIT, but from HG). Which
> source file should I check ?
>
> > Well, I'd use the git one, but you still need an additional patch on top
> > of that to enable the IR part. Seems many people have been using IR on
> > these successfully, so perhaps we can persuade Janne that its okay to go
> > ahead with that patch getting added upstream...
>
> > In any case, I think this works w/the latest git hdpvr code:
>
> > http://wilsonet.com/jarod/lirc_misc/hdpvr-ir/hdpvr-ir-enable.patch<http://wilsonet.com/jarod/lirc_misc/hdpvr-ir/hdpvr-ir-enable.patch>
>
> Ok not the same that what I previously compiled.
I got some error at the make, coming from the hdpvr-video.c file. Mostly
"implicit declaration of function xxx".
I'll look into it and let you know the result once compiled, which will take
a little time :))

Anyway now I face some VDPAU error on the viewing.... Working like a charm
for 2 weeks, just playing on lirc. Life is tough sometimes with Ubuntu.
:))