[mythtv-users] IR Blaster issue - Hauppauge HD-PVR

Tom Runner tomj.runner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 15:51:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Tom Runner <tomj.runner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Tom Runner <tomj.runner at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> 61

>>> Ubuntu's
>>> Now

>>> yet in the drivers. I took the files from tvlinux.org(v4l). But it was
>>> probably not the lastest (not the one from the GIT, but from HG). Which
>>> source file should I check ?

>>> top
>>> go

>> > I got some error at the make, coming from the hdpvr-video.c file. Mostly
>> "implicit declaration of > > function xxx".
>> > I'll look into it and let you know the result once compiled, which will
>> take a little time :))
>>
>> > Anyway now I face some VDPAU error on the viewing.... Working like a
>> charm for 2 weeks, just > playing on lirc. Life is tough sometimes with
>> Ubuntu.
>> > :))
>>

>     Got it compiled making the following changes to hdpvr/hdpvr-video.c:
>
>    - change usb_buffer_alloc() to usb_alloc_coherent()
>    - change usb_buffer_free() to usb_free_coherent()
>    - change !video_is_unregistered() to video_is_registered()
>
> Now I've a dev/lirc0
> Still cannot see the IR blinking but I guess it's now in the lircd.conf or
> hardware.conf. To be updated after the "family time"
>
>  Well the IR finally blink. Good, lessons of the day* if it's written
> somewhere "use IR patch for hdpvr#, particularly on Jarod's web site (I read
> it at least 3 times before posting), do it and don't try to think to much.

A big thanks to you Jarod, for your patience to re-explain what you did.

Now I've to deal with the new issues :))
- VDPAU failure
- Finding the proper codeset for my box (the send power did not help so far)
- And finding why now hdpvr.ko is no more loading at boot

In fact I'm close to do a full re-install.