[mythtv-users] Failed to find any channel (DVB-S)

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:42:48 UTC 2010

On 14 December 2010 09:59, zito skeete <zorionmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:

> In both cases used these scan configuration: Freq = 10714000 pol= H symbol
> rate = 22000000 FEC = 5/6 inversion = Auto and all I got were "Failed to
> find any channel." pop-up message in Mythtv.

You don't say where in the World you are but as you mention Freesat and
BSkyB I'm guessing you are in the UK and your dish is aligned towards Astra
at 19.2 or 28.2'E (I am in the UK and I receive both on my standard 'Sky
dish')

I found this page really useful when setting up my first Myth system :
http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_freesat.php

>  The scans are all listed as "BSkyB" not Freesat which is what I want.

That is no problem.. you should find all the 'Freesat' channels you want and
more.

> I live in a flat with shared dishes so can only just plug in the satellite
> cable in one of the two feeds on wall.

As you effectively have a single fixed dish I would say you just need to set
the 'DiSEqC' settings to just 'LNB' and 'Universal (Europe)'

Hope that's of some help!
George