[mythtv-users] When Installing a second Pinnacle tuner card, it's default configuration is analog, not the QAM Samsung my first card has.

Ron Harm rharm49 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:37:11 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 12:05, Ron Harm wrote:
> I recently purchased a second pinnacle 800i tuner card for my system
> and when I brought it up, the only configuration available is a video
> analog.  My first card defaults to a QAM Samsung configuration and
> works nicely.  How do I get the second card to configure the same as
> the first one?

> There is no 'default configuration' for any card.  You select the card
> type, and MythTV enumerates a list of available cards of that type.
> Select your card from that list.  It just happens that the initial card
> type when entering that dialog is for the analog V4L interface.

When looking at the mythtv backend available cards list, the only select for
the second card is the analog V4L interface.  The dvb card definition does
not appear, like my first card has.  I would assume the second card, after
rebooting the system, should produce a /dev/dvb/adaptor1 directory which is
not there.