[mythtv-users] When Installing a second Pinnacle tuner card, it's default configuration is analog, not the QAM Samsung my first card has.

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Dec 14 08:24:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Ron Harm <rharm49 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When looking at the mythtv backend available cards list, the only select for
> the second card is the analog V4L interface.  The dvb card definition does
> not appear, like my first card has.  I would assume the second card, after
> rebooting the system, should produce a /dev/dvb/adaptor1 directory which is
> not there.

If you're not seeing a /dev/dvb/adaptor1 entry, then you've got either
a driver problem or a bad card (neither of which has anything to do
with MythTV).

Have you looked at the output of dmesg for errors?  Do you see both
cards initializing in the same manner?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs