[mythtv-users] Video schema conflicts 0.24+fixes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 1 17:00:19 UTC 2010

  On 12/01/2010 03:24 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:
>    Here's some cli output on that:
> mike at Dads-Laptop:~$ mythfrontend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : es27357
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20101124-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
>
> and on the main system with both FE and BE and database:
>
> mike at P-733-Lin:~$ mythfrontend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : es27357
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20101124-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
>
> mike at P-733-Lin:~$ mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : es27357
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20101124-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2

Well, note that is /not/ 0.24-fixes.  That is the unstable/development
version of MythTV in trunk.

If you tried doing an svn switch to switch from a pre-0.24 trunk to
0.24-fixes, you didn't do all the required steps:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/405538#405538 (and make
sure you adjust branch name for current).

It's very important that you do a proper switch to 0.24-fixes if you
want to run stable code on your production box because the trunk
database schema version is about to change so that it will be different
from 0.24-fixes.

Other than that, I can only suggest that you're not running what you
think you're running.  So, perhaps, on one of the systems, MythVideo is
installed, but it's an incompatible version, so it's not actually
running.  Or you may have multiple versions of MythTV/MythPlugins
installed or something.

Mike