[mythtv-users] Video schema conflicts 0.24+fixes

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Wed Dec 1 18:33:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 12:00 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/01/2010 03:24 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:
> >    Here's some cli output on that:
> > mike at Dads-Laptop:~$ mythfrontend --version
> > Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> > MythTV Version   : es27357
> > MythTV Branch    : trunk
> > Network Protocol : 63
> > Library API      : 0.24.20101124-1
> > QT Version       : 4.6.2
> >
> > and on the main system with both FE and BE and database:
> >
> > mike at P-733-Lin:~$ mythfrontend --version
> > Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> > MythTV Version   : es27357
> > MythTV Branch    : trunk
> > Network Protocol : 63
> > Library API      : 0.24.20101124-1
> > QT Version       : 4.6.2
> >
> > mike at P-733-Lin:~$ mythbackend --version
> > Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> > MythTV Version   : es27357
> > MythTV Branch    : trunk
> > Network Protocol : 63
> > Library API      : 0.24.20101124-1
> > QT Version       : 4.6.2
>
> Well, note that is /not/ 0.24-fixes.  That is the unstable/development
> version of MythTV in trunk.

  I'm glad I dug that out then, synaptic is telling me I'm on 0.24
fixes.

> If you tried doing an svn switch to switch from a pre-0.24 trunk to
> 0.24-fixes, you didn't do all the required steps:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/405538#405538 (and make
> sure you adjust branch name for current).

  I'm getting my files from JYA's repo: the synaptic settings are:
URI: http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos
Components: release
that should probable be stable?

> It's very important that you do a proper switch to 0.24-fixes if you
> want to run stable code on your production box because the trunk
> database schema version is about to change so that it will be different
> from 0.24-fixes.

  Okay, will do, and I will not do any mythtv updates till the switch.

> Other than that, I can only suggest that you're not running what you
> think you're running.

  It certainly seems that way