[mythtv-users] Plans for front & back end Myth boxes

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Mon Aug 9 16:05:49 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 04:23:07PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:

> I agree, the Revo is not for you if you need S-Video or composite out.
> Both of those are limited to standard definition, so you may be able
> to use that 5200 card I believe you said you had, with the same
> caveats about the connector as mentioned above.

I'm not sure what 5200 card you're thinking of. I have an nvidia GeForce
6150 LE on my desktop's motherboard. If I decide to use the desktop,
I'll definitely need a new card. Looks like I might be coming back to
that as the best option, but I'm not sure what card to get for it
(though Tortoise had some ideas which might get me there). Because the
desktop is a "slimline" I am a little concerned that its guts might be
crammed together and that there might be issues with fitting something
new in.

Jessica