[mythtv-users] Plans for front & back end Myth boxes

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Aug 9 16:21:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Jessica Perry Hekman
<jphekman at arborius.net> wrote:
> I have an nvidia GeForce
> 6150 LE on my desktop's motherboard. If I decide to use the desktop,
> I'll definitely need a new card. Looks like I might be coming back to
> that as the best option, but I'm not sure what card to get for it
> (though Tortoise had some ideas which might get me there). Because the
> desktop is a "slimline" I am a little concerned that its guts might be
> crammed together and that there might be issues with fitting something
> new in.

You want something like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134083

It's relatively cheap, it fits in a low profile case, it's got
reasonable performance, and it's got S-video output natively in
addition to DVI and VGA.  If you upgrade to an HDTV later, you can get
a DVI to HDMI cable and you're good to go.

Eric