[mythtv-users] HD-PVR input issues:

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Apr 10 00:58:59 UTC 2010

> KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="ivtv0 encoder MPG",
> ATTRS{device}=="0x244e"  , SYMLINK+="pvr150"
>
> KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="Hauppauge HD PVR",
> ATTRS{vendor}=="0x8086", SYMLINK+="hdpvr"
>
> KERNEL=="dvb*.frontend*", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x13d0", SYMLINK+="frontend0"
>
> These are my rules they are placed in a folder under
> etc/udev/60-simlinks.rules
>
> I then stop the backend,run mythtv-setup..Under video cards instead of
> /dev/video0 put, /dev/hdpvr..reboot or restart UDEV and it should make
> your simlink to your hdpvr...
> Ubuntu has a script that is available that will figure all this out for
> you,but I don't know if it will work under arch...

I pulled the HDPVR off the backend, went to a windows computer and
installed the latest drivers, which supposedly installed the latest
firmware (not sure), then put it back onto the backend.

I still get this during a cat /dev/video4 > test.ts:

[root at cyclops mythtv]# cat /dev/video4 > test.ts
cat: write error: Bad address

When I run mythbackend, I get this:

Channel(/dev/video4) Error: SetInputAndFormat(1, NTSC)
			while setting input (v4l v2)
			eno: Connection timed out (110)

The only connections setup in mythtv-setup is component inputs, back side.
 I even tried running an Svideo and composite cable just to be sure.

I blew away all the tuners, and input connections and truncated the tables
in mythconverg like my previous link.

The output SEEMS to indicate it's trying to tune the HDPVR as a normal
tuner, which doesn't make sense.

The bad address write error is supposedly not having the cord connected.
But it IS connected to the VIP211 Dish box.  I might try rebooting the box
for completeness sake, but the only thing I haven't done is setup UDEV
rules for the box, which I'm unsure the value of that and not sure how to
do it anyway.  I don't have any udev rules on the backend.

help?