[mythtv-users] HD-PVR input issues:

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Apr 9 14:14:52 UTC 2010

Mark wrote:
>>> You may have to set up a UDEV rule.. You don't say, but just what were
>>> you upgrading(distro,version)?
>>>

>> I'm running Arch Linux, it's a rolling release system.
>>
>> I did a pacman -Syu, which updates all current installed packages to
>> latest stable revisions.
>>
>> I should note, that myth is NOT installed via package system due to some
>> glitches at the time I built the server.  That's source compiled.

> So is there some mysql code I can write to re-install the linkage from
> hdpvr to /dev/video2 or whatever to /dev/video4 where it is now?
>
> The blowing away the cards / input connections / source routine
> doesn't seem to get it done.  I've looked at udev rules but it seems
> fiendishly complex for usb.
>
> I *REALLY* don't want to blow away my database.  WAY too much on there
> to do that.

KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="ivtv0 encoder MPG",
ATTRS{device}=="0x244e"  , SYMLINK+="pvr150"

KERNEL=="video*", ATTR{name}=="Hauppauge HD PVR",
ATTRS{vendor}=="0x8086", SYMLINK+="hdpvr"

KERNEL=="dvb*.frontend*", ATTRS{vendor}=="0x13d0", SYMLINK+="frontend0"

These are my rules they are placed in a folder under
etc/udev/60-simlinks.rules

I then stop the backend,run mythtv-setup..Under video cards instead of
/dev/video0 put, /dev/hdpvr..reboot or restart UDEV and it should make
your simlink to your hdpvr...
Ubuntu has a script that is available that will figure all this out for
you,but I don't know if it will work under arch...