[mythtv-users] Video files start playing then freeze

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Sat Oct 31 14:29:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:

> MythTV users,
>
> I just upgraded to Mythbuntu 9.10. Previous to the upgrade, video file
> (.AVI, MPG, etc...) worked fine.
>
> After the upgrade, when I start any kind of video, it opens it, I can
> see the first second or so of the video, and then it freezes.

I've seen a similar effect on some files. I haven't had time to really
diagnose it though. I suspect malformed files or something the player
doesn't like. The internal player doesn't like some files, mplayer doesn't
seem to like others. Unfortunately, there's nothing obvious in the log
files. I'm planning to enable the debug logging to see if that helps narrow
it down. You could try that, maybe something helpful will show up in there.

When it works, which is most of the time, it works quite well. Considering
it's an RC, I'm quite happy with things.