[mythtv-users] Video files start playing then freeze

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Oct 31 11:49:07 UTC 2009

MythTV users,

I just upgraded to Mythbuntu 9.10. Previous to the upgrade, video file
(.AVI, MPG, etc...) worked fine.

After the upgrade, when I start any kind of video, it opens it, I can
see the first second or so of the video, and then it freezes.

I've seen this behaviour before. I sometimes play music off the
Mythbuntu machine over the network, with Amarok. When I did, if I forgot
to shut down Amarok, I would get this freezing behaviour. It seems as if
the audio was locked for one application.

However, this time I can be sure there are no other running applications
(at least, non started by me). Also, playing the television works fine,
and has audio, so I think my drivers are all set up correctly.

Any idea why my video playback is freezing on me?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G