[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu F/E install problem 9.04

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:46:20 UTC 2009

Setting up a F/E only machine. I've installed twice from the 9.04
Mythbuntu 32bit iso and both times I end up with a blank blue Myth
screen. I can arrow up and down and see a highlighted line move up and
down. If I hit enter it obviously goes into some setup/config screen as
I can see the various entry prompts are a darker blue but still no
writing at all. I can hit escape and a blank blue message box pops up (I
assume it's the one that normally asks "Are you sure you want to quit
Myth?") After exiting back to the desktop all looks normal.

I'm trying to see if this box is even suitable as a frontend. It does
have an ATI radeon 7500 AGP video card in it.

Would this be an issue with the video card or fonts or something else?