[mythtv-users] Fans

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:53:47 UTC 2009

> How do I find out the CFM of the existing CPU fan?  Replacing just the fan
> sounds like a good idea if it will work.  I don't really like the idea of
> pulling the heat sink off the CPU and cleaning it off for the new fan.  Too
> much opportunity to break something.

Hmm, I just checked and there appears to be no indication of that on
AMD retail processors. I checked 5 different CPUs here at work XP2
5600+, Ph2 250,Ph2 545. Sempron 2500+, Ph2 X3 720. I would replace the
70mmX 70mmx 15mm fan probably 3000 to 4000 RPM with a 70mmX 70mmx 25mm
fan 2000 to 2500 RPM fan.

I could not find any of these at newegg but this one looks good:

http://www.acousticpc.com/nexus_70mm_quiet_cooling_fan.html

I see that the other poster (Johnny) had it for a lower price.

http://www.cooltechpc.com/c/ctpc/std/sku=70mm_OEM.html

John