[mythtv-users] Seektable issues

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:43:57 UTC 2009

Sunday, my database borked up royally - enough to cause mysql to not
restart.  The table most messed-up contained my seektables.

I did the time-consuming mythcommflag --rebuild --all; it took a
couple of days to do all my files.  Last night, I started a couple of
shows I recorded before the database failure.  The playback appeared
fine - until I tried to skip forward and backward.  Sometimes, the
backward skip would skip 5 seconds (my default), other times it would
skip back a minute or so.  The same oddity was happening with forward
skip.  I looked at the progress bar for the show (Fringe, on Fox
720p), and it said the show length was about 20 minutes.  I presume
this was part of my problem.  I looked a sample of other shows, and
the same thing was occurring.  In addition, the commercial skipping
wasn't working.

Does anybody know what would cause the mythcommflag rebuild to do
this, and how I can fix it?