[mythtv-users] USB video input card

Paul Gillingham paulgillingham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:30:01 UTC 2009

> **
>
> Same reseller £10 cheaper;
>

> http://www.ballicom.co.uk/laptops/sub-notebook/acer-revo-3610-atom-330-dual-core-1gb-160gb-linux.p466112.html
>
> Lots of myth UK users have brought from Ballicom.
>
> I'm one of them and I couldn't say I recommend them as a retailer. I
ordered one last week and followed their instructions on how to get the item
delivered to an address separate from the invoice address. Basically, their
website says they won't do this automatically but if you follow up your
order with an email they will contact you to arrange this. I followed up
immediately after the order with an email and also put these requirements on
the order notes for good measure.

Anyway, Ballicom didn't get back to me to arrange delivery, didn't answer my
mails/phone calls and the item was dispatched to my invoice address. In the
end had to waste an hour on saturday driving to the courier's delivery depot
to collect the thing personally.

On the plus side, the item was correct: Dual core 3610 and the price was
excellent. So if you don't mind the item being delivered to your home
address things might be ok.