[mythtv-users] USB video input card

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 18:42:29 UTC 2009

2009/11/22 Sasha Sirotkin <Sasha.Sirotkin at comsysmobile.com>:
> Wow, thanks for the info, it is very helpful!
>
> I'm in Israel and Acer Revo is not sold here at all, but I Will be
> travelling soon to US and UK and intend to buy one there. BTW, I just
> checked a couple of UK online stores and there appears to be some sort
> of confusion - many shops in UK offer a so called RS3600 which judging
> by the specs is more similar to 1600 - it is based on Atom 230 CPU and
> not 330. Take a look
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keyword
> s=acer+revo&x=0&y=0

Yes - many stores list the dual core under R3600 when it is actually an R3610;

> Which one do you have ? And while we are on the subject, were would you
> recommend to buy one ? I'm talking about a brick-and-mortar store in
> London.

I have an R3610;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-Desktop-RAM1024MB-HD160GB/dp/B002WCBBDO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258914616&sr=8-2

Same reseller £10 cheaper;

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/laptops/sub-notebook/acer-revo-3610-atom-330-dual-core-1gb-160gb-linux.p466112.html

Lots of myth UK users have brought from Ballicom.

The UK SKU, 92.NVDYZ.UI0, has a UK Keyboard, and uk plug, although the
PSU is 110-240v, you will just need shaver style dual

I am not sure of UK B&M stores, I get all my stuff online.  Amazon and
I am sure Ballicom would deliver to a Hotel!  I have done this in the
past when in the US.  I am sure somewhere does it but I have no idea
where.  I would inquire with Ballicom online.  Do you have an address
in the UK you can deliver to?

Greg

More links;
http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_Revo_R3610_655727.html
Completely confused on sku/name but looks like mine;
http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/catalogue/item/A0483003?cidp=Froogle