[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster (more)

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sun Nov 22 02:51:53 UTC 2009

    > Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:31:28 -0500
    > From: Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>

    > My USB-UIRT devices don't work with any recent kernels due to breakages
    > in ftdi_sio, and the vendor doesn't appear interested in maintaining
    > the Linux side of his business.

Do you know which kernel broke this, even approximately?  I have a
years-old USB-UIRT (that I actually don't use) on a years-old machine
but was imminently about to put on a brand-new release and use it to
control some hardware---but if putting a modern OS on the machine
I intend to plug the USB-UIRT breaks it, maybe I'll do something else.
(Including possibly using the USB-UIRT but not upgrading the machine.)

Thanks!