[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster (more)

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sun Nov 22 03:43:06 UTC 2009

Some quick research on this leaves me unsure about whether the
USB-UIRT might work with a patch or two, but maybe it would help you?
Most of them were from seaching for ``usb-uirt ftdi_sio'' so I assume
you've seen 'em, but just in case:

http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5853&sid=146bb241fd5e058340752d0e590ca067
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lirc_USB-UIRT
http://blog.rockycreekexperiment.com/2009/02/usb-uirt.html
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/USB-UIRT_x86_Fix

There was also discussion of the Iguanaworks USB IR transceiver;
again, it's not immediately clear whether it's working in current
kernels, but at least its homepage seems very Linux-friendly.
Might this be an idea, either for you or for me? :)