[mythtv-users] 0.22 VDPAU video doesn't reappear after xscreensaver

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Sun Nov 15 19:23:04 UTC 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Since upgrading to trunk almost a month ago I've been dealing with an
> irritating peculiarity.
>
> I run xscreensaver on my frontend. With 0.21 (and every version from
> 0.18 on, actually), xscreensaver would activate after the set period
> of time when I paused the internal player, and it would properly
> deactivate and the video would return to the screen when I pushed a
> keybaord or remote button. This also worked with Jean-Yves' VDPAU
> backport to 0.21.

I can only confirm I've seen the same thing. No suggested work around yet. At first I thought it was a particular screen saver module but I've seen various problems with all modules. Some screen savers will corrupt the image. Others will not restore the screen on exit.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1