[mythtv-users] MythTV UPNP video with ac3 audo on PS3

Jiri Kraus jiri9000 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 12:36:30 UTC 2009

Hello,

i am running Kubuntu 9.10 with a mythtv-backend 0.22 (22814) latest
packages from the avenard repository to record TV with my DVB-C Card
and use it as a upnp Server. As a front end i am using a ps3 slim with
firmware 3.01. According to the ps3 manuals it should be able to play
ac3 multichannel audio from mpeg2 transport and program streams. In
general every thing works flawlessly out of the box, so thanks to the
developers of mythtv. My problem is that if i play a recorded tv Show
via upnp on my ps3 i can only see the first audio stream (which is
mpeg 2 stero audio) if the tv show comes with ac3 multichannel audio
it is usually the third stream. I don't have an option to change the
audio stream on the ps3. When i play a tv show with ac3 audio with a
mythtv front end i can change the audio stream with the # key. My
question is now, is this not possible over upnp, is it a missing
feature in mythtv or am i simply missing a simple control command or
configuration option?

Sorry if i post this redundantly but i have not found a post so far
that describes my problem so far.

Best regards,

Jiri