[mythtv-users] Adding channels for my HD-PVR

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 05:21:08 UTC 2009

I got the Lineup stuff worked out, so thanks for that tip.  As for the
channel changing, I was able to get the 6200ch application to compile and I
can run it from the command line to change the channel on my STB.  What do I
need to add to the HD-PVR card in mythtv-setup?  Also, my system doesn't
seem to have mythchanger, so would you have any more info on what it is or
where I get it?

> Thanks,
>
> Harry
>
> I don't have access to my system right now, but I don't remember anything
> unusual about the setup.  It is added just like any other tuner card and
> input except you must put in a channel changer.  If you got 6200ch to work
> for you from the command line that's fine. Just enter the exact same
> parameters (without the -v) in the "Channel Changer" field when you add the
> input.  If you want to use mythchanger, you can get it here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/majoridiot.  I have not had any luck with live TV
> over the HD-PVR; once I try to change channels, I lose the audio, the
> frontend segfaults and the only way to get the backend to talk to the HD-PVR
> again is unload and reload the hdpvr kernel module.  But I have had good
> luck (so far) with recordings.  If you are not using VDPAU, you'll probably
> need to lock your STB at 720p or less in order to view the recordings.
>  1080i works, but it does take a lot of horsepower to decode.

--Ken