[mythtv-users] nfs pauses

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Nov 11 15:41:05 UTC 2009

On Wed Nov 11, 2009 at 02:14:34PM +0000, Ben Lancaster wrote:

> > Most of my videos are stored in an nfs share. The share is mounted
> > in fstab using rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,bg. While watching them on
> > my frontend, there are occasionally pauses, as if the file "is not
> > there" when the frontend needs it.
>
> Personally, I'd lose the rsize, wsize from your fstab - they're
> unnecessarily huge IMHO, maybe lose 'bg' too and replace it with
> 'hard' as this'll show up any nfs server errors in the clients' /var/
> log/messages.

The rsize & wsize are not particularly large, but should be removed
anyway as this will allow the client & server to negotiate the optimum
size (524288 on mine).  The bg option will only make any difference when
mounting, so won't be impacting you here - it should probably be left in
to speed up booting though.  I'd recommend specifying tcp in there too -
it's the default anyway, but it's best to be sure.

HTH,
    Robin
--
     ___