[mythtv-users] nfs pauses

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 14:14:34 UTC 2009

> Most of my videos are stored in an nfs share. The share is mounted
> in fstab using rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,bg. While watching them on
> my frontend, there are occasionally pauses, as if the file "is not
> there" when the frontend needs it.

Personally, I'd lose the rsize, wsize from your fstab - they're
unnecessarily huge IMHO, maybe lose 'bg' too and replace it with
'hard' as this'll show up any nfs server errors in the clients' /var/
log/messages.

I had similar symptoms to you on MythBuntu (with and without
problematic kernel), and leaving it with the Ubuntu defaults (replace
your options with "defaults") solved all my problems. I also get
consistently faster transfer rates now too.

Might be worth checking that your link speed is as fast as it'll go
with ifconfig or ethtool too.

1p.

Ben