[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Nov 10 04:24:48 UTC 2009

* On Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 02:35:44PM -0500, Johnny wrote:
> of even discussing this with the users as a whole. I only brought up
> the playback groups because they do have some promise. They already
> have the functionality to be applied to recording rules. So you can

A couple other possibilities (and something I think we'd be open to
applying a patch for) would be to give the user the ability to:

1) choose a playback group to play a recording with from the Watch
   Recordings popup Menu.

2) allow the user to pick a playback group from the OSD popup menu
   during playback.

or maybe even a third option, to apply a playback group to a recording
group.  Maybe your wife wants 60/5 FFW/REW skip and no auto-skip and
you want 120/10 FFW/REW w/ auto-skip turned on.

> Regardless of the commercial-skip issue, the playback groups are
> confusing the way they are. Other mythtv groups (e.g. storage groups,
> recording groups) have a default group that is used. It would be
> consistent to just have the default playback group that had all of the
> playback settings (rather than a random few). Then additional groups

I have a 'Default' Playback Group, it's title is empty, so as far as I
know, it applies to all recordings.  I'm not sure what you're talking
about with this.

I do agree more playback controls could move into Playback Groups.
Patches welcome.  The current implemention was a starting point, we're
normally open to enhancements. :)

--
Chris