[mythtv-users] Jamu error message

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 8 18:10:32 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 Nov 2009 15:57:46 Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Mark,
>     When you use the -MI option it tells jamu to ONLY process videos
> that do not have either a TVDB or TMDB number and to ignore any other
> videos. The message is telling you that there are no videos with missing
> TVDB/TMDB numbers so Jamu -MI has nothing to process.
>
>     If you have never run a Jamu interactive session (-MI) where videos
> were processed, then this may mean that the your video directory
> configuration settings (set in MythTV) is pointing to an empty
> directory. Run this command: "./jamu -Mf". This will output all the
> settings jamu would use in alphabetical order. You are interested in the
> ""mythvideo" setting for example "mythvideo ([u'/media/video'])". Jamu
> has read the "/media/video" directory from the MythTV database. Make
> sure that your Video and graphics directory settings are correct.

Hi Doug, thanks - I think you have put your finger on it.

jamu -Mf reports
mythvideo (['/var/lib/mythtv/videos'])

This is not correct. I have configured in the frontend under 'Videos Settings'->'General Settings'->'Directories that hold videos' is '/media/entertainment/Videos'.

So why is jamu ingoring this? And how do I fix it?

In the meantime, I tried symlinking /var/lib/mythtv/videos to /media/entertainment/Videos.
Now the interactive session is running, and finding all kinds of missing stuff, and deleting all the metadata I have carefully entered by hand, and when I go back into 'Watch Videos' I now have an entry 'Storage Groups' which lists one duplicate entry for each of my videos. And I STILL have no metadata, not even for all the videos I had painstakingly done it by hand for.

I don't have any storage groups. I don't want any storage groups. I am beginning to think that jamu doesn't work without them. Looks like a bug to me.

Does anybody know how to restore the database backup that mythbutnu creates, because jamu has snafu'd mine?

Thanks,

Mark