[mythtv-users] Bones/Fringe fans -- run mythfilldatabase now !

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:45:42 UTC 2009

2009/11/6 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 11/06/2009 03:29 PM, Nick F wrote:

>> Running with --refresh-today pulls the full schedule in for me, and
>> not just 'today'.
>
> Yeah, it actually just adds today to the list.  You'd have to explicitly
> exclude other days (with --max-days 1 would be best).

If you run the grabber with only '--max-days 1' I'm guessing it only
updates tomorrow and doesn't touch today?

> Though I don't know that making 2 connections per day--even with the
> "smaller pull" at a specific time--is actually easier for Schedules
> Direct/TMS than just pulling all of your data only at 6:00pm.  (I'd love to
> hear from Robert Eden on this one.)  IIRC, they've actually made comments
> about how it /might/ be better for them if myth were changed to pull all 14
> days in one pull every day rather than the approach it's using.  If we can
> get a definite answer on how they'd like us to pull the listings, I'd be
> happy to change it.

The UK Radio Times provide the listings for each channel in a single
file covering all 14 days - I've asked whether it would be possible to
provide them compressed to further reduce traffic and improve DL
speeds, but haven't had any feedback on this request.

Does the SD support (not the na_dd XMLTV grabber) provide caching of
data to stop redownloading unchanged listings unnecessarily? If not,
that might help reduce traffic if users are running the grabber
multiple times per day.

Cheers,
Nick

--