[mythtv-users] Bones/Fringe fans -- run mythfilldatabase now !

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 6 20:51:49 UTC 2009

On 11/06/2009 03:29 PM, Nick F wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>>> If you're running mythfilldatabase in a cron job every day at 6:00pm, why
>>> are you also running mythfilldatabase automatically at the time suggested by
>>> the grabber?  Running every day at 6:00pm destroys the benefit of using the
>>> suggested time and running it 2x per day just seems to be even worse.
>>>
>> Personally, I'm only running it with --refresh-today at 6pm so I still use
>> the suggested time to update the full schedule.
>>
> Running with --refresh-today pulls the full schedule in for me, and
> not just 'today'.

Yeah, it actually just adds today to the list.  You'd have to explicitly
exclude other days (with --max-days 1 would be best).

Though I don't know that making 2 connections per day--even with the
"smaller pull" at a specific time--is actually easier for Schedules
Direct/TMS than just pulling all of your data only at 6:00pm.  (I'd love
to hear from Robert Eden on this one.)  IIRC, they've actually made
comments about how it /might/ be better for them if myth were changed to
pull all 14 days in one pull every day rather than the approach it's
using.  If we can get a definite answer on how they'd like us to pull
the listings, I'd be happy to change it.

Granted, for everyone to set up their systems to pull at 6:00pm would be
A Bad Thing (TM).

Mike